News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pay to park at playfront park.

*****UDPDATE***** Just heard from a councilor and I was correct any changes such as charging for the playfront parking lot (lot A) would need to be approved by the city council.

 

I saw this on Brandon Stahl’s blog, http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/pages/buzz.

It seems that they are charging for parking at play front. The small lot leading in to playfront has always been free. It should remain that way in my mind. I understand that they could possible be charging to park there now. The fee is $4.00. I am wondering if this is true.

If it is councilors do not know about it. If the city wants to charge for that lot  I believe that is something the council must approve. It is clear by Brandon’s story that at least one councilor did not know they may be charging for it.

It seems the reason they may be charging is because of the lose of parking at the DECC because of construction. I say oh well.

I will not pay to park there. I hope others do the same.

Just a note I will send an email to a councilor to see if my thought is right about needing the approval and let you know.

No comments: