News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Winson email.

Yesterday after I had learned that Mark Winson was leaving the city at the top aid to the Mayor I sent a short email to him.

The email basically said thanked him for all of his years of service. Also in the email I had said that I hope he is leaving on his own terms and it was not pressure from the Mayor or any one else in city hall.

Mr. Winson replied to my email. Again it was short there for a short reply.

“John, thanks for the note.  I am leaving of my own volition.  The job of CAO doesn't fit who I am anymore.  The Mayor and I have gotten along fabulously because we share the same desire to make Duluth a better and stronger community than it already is.”

Mark

I agree that both the Mayor and Mr. Winson share the desire to better Duluth. I also think for the most he and the Mayor did get a long. I however had heard that they did not agree on a few key points in the mayor’s plan. Well no one will tell me what those maybe, I wonder if this is why he is leaving.

Yes we need a strong Mayor and to this point I think Mayor Ness has done a pretty good job. No we don’t agree on everything. There are a number of things that I like however that he has done.

I wonder however is the Mayor to demanding on his CAO? This is the person that does the day to day operations of the city. Well the Mayor is off doing his job that entitles a lot on it’s own.

Keep in mind now this is the second CAO in one Mayor that has left that spot. Well it appeared that Lisa left because of issues with the council I wonder if that is the true reason? Lisa Potswald remains with the city in a different job.

No comments: