News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tea Party

I did not get to see any of the news coverage of the tea party as I had work last night. I have no idea what the numbers were that they used. If you heard I would like to know. As I said the DNT under estimated yesterday but that is okay. They used a number that one speaker tossed out as a guess and he could only see part of the crowd.

One women claims that she took a picture from the other side of the bridge. She said it looked like there was only about 200 hundred people she was way off. I would expect that from this person however.

The crowd was 1,000 people strong. It went almost down to the bridge and almost down to the fish tank on either side of stage. It was hard for me to tell once the event started as I was center stage. I walked around before and after the event however and it was clear that was much bigger then any one had expected.

There was about 15 speakers or so. Russ Stewart did a great job of expaining this was not a democrat or republican issue. It was an issue that all American’s needed to stand up to. There were also a couple of other speakers that did this as well. They are right.

This started under President Bush and it is just being continued by President Obama and this congress.

No comments: