News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, June 08, 2009

Mow this part 2.

Okay well I am still awaiting emails I will do a second part anyway. This may turn in to a three of four part blog or more by the time it is all done.

Okay well some view this as an attack on “bad” landlords it can be viewed from many different ways. I don’t believe this is so much of an attack on landlords. I believe the city have passed many ordinances and resolutions that are attacks against landlords. This one sure hinderers to landlords and other however.

I am not sure that many councilors have thought about the effects of this ordinance should it pass. I believe it will however pass and that is very very unfortunate. At best this passes 5-4 it could pass with as many as 6 or 7 councilors voting in favor it.

Here we go, who will this hurt and what else could it do? This will hurt the elderly, those that don’t or can’t get a lawn mower. It will also pit people against each other.

Many elderly people still live in homes in Duluth. Many of them can’t mow there grass however. There are also many low income people that don’t or can’t afford to buy a lawn mower. We live next door to some one that does not have a mower. Her grass is well over 10 inches right now. She can’t buy a mower and the one she has does not work. Well I have mowed her lawn in the past and will when I can it is hard for me. I don’t have much time plus I already also help out or other lawns as well.

This is just a micro-mange ordinance that accomplishes nothing. It is unenforceable.  More later.

No comments: