News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, June 29, 2009

You must be in a booster seat up to the age of 8.

Minnesota law requires that kids 8 and under must now be in a booster seat. This is the second straight law passed by the State of Minnesota that deals with safety in cars. The first was requiring to wear your seat belt this took affect a few month ago. The booster law starts this week.

Well I am one that normally does not like government intervention I am okay with both of these laws. Well I don’t think people should have to wear the belt if they chose not to it makes sense that you do. It is much safer if you do wear your seat belt. As far as booster seats it upsets me to no end that parents would not care about there children's safety.

I have seen way to many people with there kids not in seats and they should be. Not only that I have seen parents allow there kids to ride in the front when they are not old enough to do so.  With air bags in almost ever car these days you must be careful. Please use common sense people.

No comments: