News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

No Governor Pawlenty.

After this term is over in 2010 Minnesota will have a new Governor. Yes that is correct Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty has said he will not seek a third term.

This seems to open up his run for President in the next presidential election. Now I disagree with that this will help him. I think that him not being Governor is a bad idea. It is better to run for president as a current some thing (Governor) in this case. It seems to hurt you more when you run as a former what ever.

Now if he would have ran for a third term and lost that would have been worse but the fact is if he ran for a third term he would not lose no matter who the Democrats bring forward.

This will sure open the race on both sides and idea on who may run now? I would guess there is no shorted of candidates. 

2 comments:

Eldon "Donny" Krosch Jr. said...

I don't know if its his intent to run for President and I will leave my opinion on that for other posts perhaps. But the being a current office holder wasn't the case for President Jimmy Carter or Reagan, and was President Clinton in office when he ran? I can't recall...

Unknown said...

Yes you are correct about these people. I am also not sure about Clinton. For the most part however it is better if you are a current some thing.