News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, January 04, 2010

Change at Fox 21 News?

The quick easy answer yes. Today fox 21 fired there news director Julie Moravchick. Will this lead to more changes to come? Moravchick has over seen the news cast and news department sense 2006. They started there news cast in 2007. She build and hired everyone on the news side at fox 21.

Fox 21 came on the air a blaze. They where hot early. I am okay with the decision by management. Lets hope they get real news going again.

The other person I would be okay with leaving the station is there top news caster. He is an arrogant person that thinks his shit don't stink. Guess what Nick it does just like everyone else's.

I hope the station starts to turn around and get back on track.

7 comments:

Tony Ramone said...

I used to know Julie Moravchik a little bit, but I have not seen her in years. She is a very nice person.

That said, I was never a big fan of her television work -- too syrupy and her columns are a waste of ink.

I suspect Ms. Moravchik was fired in order to save money. There is no way Fox 21 is making a profit with their news. Duluth is too small of a market to support three television news departments. It is too bad, but I think that is just the reality of the current situation here.

John, I take it that you are not a big fan of Mr. LaFave's work. Don't worry, if he is making any kind of a decent income, he will be gone soon also.

Unknown said...

Tony I agree that Julie is a nice person. I also agree that her style in t.v. is too syrupy.

I think Duluth could have three news stations if done right after all we did for a number of years. I am sure fox is making little money on there current news programing it is horrible.

The focus on local stuff is good however it is what you focus on. I think a feel good story or two is good but they went over board and there "news" was not news.

No I am no fan of Lafave, he is an arrogent person. Watch him walk in a room and his demeaner he is a snoob. Please you are a "news" anchor in Duluth.

Your are no where close to Anderson, Lee and the others that do real news.

Anonymous said...

Nick LaFave is actively looking for employment elsewhere. Given that his contract expires in February, he probably has been told it won't be renewed. So, will they go with one anchor or replace him? Stay tuned.

Unknown said...

I hope out of the Duluth area.

Danny said...

So you want people fired now? Nice.

Unknown said...

Danny: Where do I say I hope some one is fired? I never said that I was glad Julie was fired. I think however it may be a good thing as the station has struggled to do real news.

Also I never said I hope Nick gets fired. What I said is he leaves the station, yes on his own terms would be best. I never wish for anyone to get fired.

Danny said...

Alright then. Good to hear.