News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Police department is hiring who/what?

Last night the council accepted a donation to the Duluth Police Department. The money is going to the K-9 unit. The money will be used for the expansion and up keep of the unit.

The Duluth Police Department plans on hiring 2 new dogs. Wait what, Hire? I did not know that they paid dogs. How much does a dog make these days? I found it odd this morning well listening to the radio and a Northland News report on B-105. The story was phased that way.

I know the dogs play a huge roll in the police department and I am glad we have them. Also glad the department received this money, so they can use it to replace dogs lost last year to retirement.

I just thought the word hire was an interesting way to put it.

2 comments:

Tony Ramone said...

John, I like you, find the use of the word "hired" kind of funny. Was there an interview process before the dogs were hired? What is minimum wage for a dog? Do they calculate their age in dog years in order to get around child labor laws? Do they give preference to minority breeds of dogs?

Anyway, thanks for posting this -- funny stuff.

Unknown said...

Tony,

Yes it is funny and that is why I posted it.

I think they could have used a different word in there story but what do you do? Got to have fun some times.