News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, March 20, 2006

As my b-day approaches I never thought.......

Well March 22nd is approaching so what? That means it is my birthday and I get yet another year older. Yet one more year closer to the big 30.

I have affen wondered were I would be at that time, even with a couple years to I still think about it.

politically I never thought I would be a republican. I grew up in a household and family that was very strong DFLers. Some would be rolling over in there graves today if they knew I was a republican.

My change started in high school, when I met Chris Dalhberg. At the time he was running for the city council. Later ran against Jaros a couple of times. I listened to him talk about the issues that faced the city at that time and was very impressed.

I volunteered on his campaing and worked hard to help him. From that point on my change continued in to the republican that I am today.

2 comments:

Dulusion said...

Happy Birthday, You're still a young pup! Lot's of things can happen to shape our lives, and you just never know, you're young and perhaps some day you'll find yourself a liberal..like me! Har har. I too come from deep DFL roots, but I think I was most influenced by my college years. I went to a very liberal college and much of what was taught was critical thinking. The greatest thing that I learned was that we are all able to teach ourselve, and we have an obligation to ourselves to continue learning. We can learn through focused research, reading, pondering all of the information that comes to us in many forms every day, and carefully consider this information when forming our opinions. We should be open to change, and respectful of other opinions. Sometimes the best information comes to me from someone who has the exact opposite view, it allows me to find the spot somewhere in the middle that makes most sense to me. In other words, we need those people who are on the extreme left and the extreme right, in order to really see the issue. Well..that's my old lady wisdom of the day for your birthday, take it or leave it! But nonetheless, have a great "you were born on this day so somebody's gotta celebrate and who better than you day!"

Unknown said...

Kb-

Thanks for the birthday wish.

Also isn't it great to affen just think about how you got to were you are. I have affen thought about how I got some were not matter what it is in life, politics ect...


I have to say I am one of the worst at keeping an opened mind. Once I make up my mind it is very hard to change, I think this is part of being young.

Now it does not mean I don't listen to others when we discusse what ever the issue is. because I do and even to my self think boy that is a good point. Rarely however do I change my mind, but I think I am getting a little better at opening my mind so that is a good thing.