News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Friday, March 17, 2006

EBT talk 2

Earlier this week, well I was at work. A guy came in and brought some things, and used his EBT card. We struck up a conversation.

Jack ( will be his name for this purpose), said I just need a little help for now. I said yeah I understand that. Jack says to me well you know there just is no jobs out there. I said well you know we are hiring, and we get a lot of people asking for applications. The very next question he asked me was how much does it pay. I told him and he said well I guess I will keep looking.

My thought was again well you are not above working here. I don't understand why people think this way. I know some people may want so much an hour but if you can't find anything in that will pay that take anything. At least you will have some money coming in. You can always continue to look for a better job.

Jack then says he has been looking for a job for month now and can't find anything. I asked what he was looking for and he said he did not know, he would do anything. He kept saying you know it if tuff to find a job there just is nothing. My reply was well you can always find something. It may not be what you want but will would be something for a while anyway.

He then said yeah but I don't want to be a burger flipper, or any type of a telamarking job. I just said well good luck to you.

Jack seemed like a very nice person, but he did not seem like he wanted to try to even look at jobs that pay less then he desired. If you don't have a job you should be happy with almost anything. Jack seems to be on of those that could be on EBT for years because it grows on him.

The conversation did make me understand that some people need help for a while. Now I knew that but as I listened to him talk about how he lost his job, I thought wow he does need help. However the fact is he could take a job at burger king or anywhere but he will not.

I don't understand this thinking.


Read our sports page at http://duluthpoliticssportspage.blogspot.com, also don't forget about KB's cornor located a few post below this one. KB Duluthian brings a diffrent prespective to our blog.

No comments: