News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Friday, March 10, 2006

High School Hockey update.

The Boys hockey tournament contunied yesterday.

The afternoon games were not very intertaning. The first game was Blain agianst Lakville North. Blaine dominated two of the three periods. The second period was a great back and forth period but the only one that North could put together. Blaine won with with ease 7-2 The second game of the afternoon put Cretin Derham Hall against Eagan. It was Eagan's first ever apreance at state. This game again was dominated by Cretin as they cruised to a win 5-2.


The nights games were better games. The first game put Hill Murray again Minnetonka. This game was much closer then I thought it was going to be. The power house of Hill Murray did come away with a win however 5-4.

The second game pited Grand Rapids agains Roseau. This game was back and forth tell late in the final session, when Grand rapids took control of the game. I was surprized that Rapids won but very pleased. The final score was 7-4.

My predictions from yesterday I was 3 wins 1 lose.

Todays section A games should be good ones.


The first game at 11 am. pit Duluth Marshall against Little Falls. Marshall is by far the better all around team. Little Falls can hold there own however. Little Falls has done this in many games this year. If this game is close in the third watch out for Little Falls. I have to give the edge to Marshall in a one or two goal game.

The second game is St Thomas Academy against Hermtown. If St. Thomas has anything left after there first game this could be a great game. If they don't Hermtown's high fliing offense will dominate and take control of the game.

My best guess is Hermtown will win big because I don't believe St. Thomas will have anything left after there very tough first game.

If I am right that would mean all North final in section A.

The night games will be the section AA games.

The first game will be Blaine my pick to win it all, against Cretin Derham Hall. Both teams cruised to a win in there first game.

This game I don't think will be all that close, I would have to say 5-2 or 6-2 blaine they just have to much fire power.

The second game Hill Murray against Grand Rapids. Here again I can't give rapids much love. I did not expect them to win there first game I don't again tonigh. Again I hope I am wrong but it will be very tuff to win tonights game against power house Hill Murray.

Look for the game to be the best of the day in a final score on 5-4 or something like that.

If I am currect in my guesses the Section champioship would be Blaine against Hill Murry. This would be a great game I believe.

It would have potental to be one of the great games ever in the torunament.

No comments: