News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, March 13, 2006

random thoughts!

Not much in the news today at least locally. This is a great time for me to post a few things that I have had on my mind for some time.


One is the food stamp program (EBT). It seems to me that many people abuse this program. I work at a place that accepts EBT cards. In the years that I worked at this place I have seen many people come in that I know in way or another that have EBT and I wonder how they got it. These are not people that need it, they have plenty of money.

I have also seen people buy crap that in my option should not be allowed to be bought with the EBT. There is no nutritional value to it. Chip, pop, candy, it goes on and on.

Then there are others that you know don’t belong on it yet they are finding a way to manipulate the system. These are people driving brand new expansive cars and trucks and have great homes. Yet for some reason they need EBT. Give me a break. Everyone needs to live with in there means. I don’t care if you have tons of money or little money.

How do these people get away with this? Does the state really do that poor of a job of checking these people records. Does the state need to make changes to how you get the card?

The whole purpose the card is so that people will have groceries so they can eat at there home not just to buy thousands of dollars of junk food.


This also brings to mind Minnesota’s well fare program it is in the same shape as EBT, the two work hand and hand for the most part. Both need to be reformed. One more point on EBT. I wish the State would be very clear on what you can and can’t buy. I hope a reform is near but I don’t think it is.

No comments: