News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Card Check vote will it pass or not.

Ordinance 42 the use of card check will get it 's second reading and may be voted on at the next the meeting.

Will it pass or not, here is what we think may happen.

The for sure councilors that will vote for card check:

Greg Gilbert, Russ Stover, Roger Reinert, Laurie Johnson

Those that will not:

Tim Little, Jim Stauber

The swing votes rest on these councilors

Don Ness, Russ Stewart, Gary Krause

Here is part of an email from councilor Ness that makes us believe he will not support the ordinance,

"I have not made up my mind regarding Stover's ordinance, but I will probably vote against it. During my last campaign when I screened before the AFL-CIO I told them that I opposed card check and I still hold that position. There are elements I like about the concept, but not card check."

If this is the case then what right now the vote would be 4-3 with the two swing votes of Stewart, and Krause.

I think this is something that Stewart could support, but not having received any info from him or councilor Krause it is tuff to read which way these two councilor may vote.

That is why if you don't like the idea of card check you need to let your councilor know, you also have to let them all know. Call or email them today.

In the end we feel like this my pass 5-4 but with pressure because it all comes down to what is best for them, it may not pass.

No comments: