News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Debate should include all.

I don't support Harry Welty for his bid for Congress. I do however agree that he should be allowed to debate with both Congressman Oberstar and republican challanger Rod Grams.

Harry Welty who is running under the unite "party" took part in a debate last week in the Twin cities. Now he is being excluded out of the debate that will air here in Duluth on Friday night but the Duluth News Tribune.

This is wrong there, are in fact three candidates running for the seat all three should be allowed to debate.

I hope that you will write the DNT and let them know Harry should have as much right to debate as the major two party's do.

I did here is what I wrote,
Hello my name is John. I am writing concerning Harry Welty being allowed on the debate friday night. I am not a Welty supporter however with that said I believe he is as much a part of this race as the other two candidates are.

Just because Mr. Welty does not or want the backing of either of the two major parties should not exclude him from any debate. The fact is there are three people running for the seat all three should have equal right to debate.

1 comment:

Chris Correia said...

FYI, the News Tribune has offered Harry an opinion piece, and to meet with him. However, he still prefers to be in the debate.

Also, at last night's debate in
Grand Rapids, from which he was also excluded by Debate Minnesota as a non-major party candidate, Harry asked Oberstar and Grams if they had any objections to his participating in future debates. They both said they would welcome his participation.