News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Breaking News: Fire department shuts down book store.

This is from the Duluth News Tribune http://www.duluthnewstribuen.com/

City of Duluth communications director Jeff Papas confirmed today that Boardwalk Books, 206 E. Superior St., was shut down by the fire chief. Papas said that the bookstore had longstanding fire safety violations.

My first question is, can the store re-open? What kind of fines were given first if any? How long have the violation been going on?

The store says longstanding but I am curious if anyone knows how long it has been? I would

This part of the story made me laugh a bit: George Persgard locked the front door after being told he was being shut down and would not let anyone in for about 15 minutes. He said he was then ticketed for obstruction of justice.

Now this leads me to believe that the store could have been left open for the day. Correct or not I have no idea. I guess for some reason I find the obstruction of justice ticket funny. Was he not allowing the cops and fire department do what was needed to be done?

No comments: