News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Friday, January 11, 2008

Talked with a business owner today.

I had a very good conversations with a local business owner today. He asked me what I thought of the Mayors speech I told him.

He asked if I thought there was much hope over the next four years for business. I said I don't know but we talked about some thinks that have gone on.

His business has been hurt by another business that opened up there, not because they are competitors but because of an ordinance that is on the books and the city chose to not enforce that ordinance when they allowed the new business to come in.

The city needs to look at what a new business could do to another business before allowing it to operate. We can ill-afford to pit business against each other. This should not and will not stop business coming into Duluth. The business just needs to make sure they have there ducks in a row. The council also has to know what is happening. All ordinances must be followed. I know of many other cases like this.

No comments: