News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mayor Ness joins team Obama.

Duluth Mayor Don Ness has agreeed to be part of the Minnesota team for Presidental candidate Obama.

Now I don't have a problem with this. He can support anyone he wants to. As can I, as can the person next door. What I do have a problem with is this. the sotry stats all the time that Mayor Don Ness has jointed the team.

This is were the problem lays for me in the Mayor of Duluth. It makes it seem as he is representing the city. I can tell you that the whole city of Duluth does not support Obama.

Mayor Ness will serve as a co-chariperson to the Obama campaign. Ness said he is excited to be part of the campaign. He thinks that Obama is a candidate that will bring the country together.

Now if Mayor Ness does the duties given him by the Obama camp in his free time, not of city time then I have no issue. Also if he gives a speech or does any stumping for Obama he needs to do it as a private citizen not the Mayor of Duluth. I feel the same way about Governor Tim Pawlenty who is helping John McCain.

I believe that Mr. Ness understand that he needs to do any duties off of city time and I believe he will do so. I don't think it will interfer with his work as Mayor. If it does then I think he needs to get out of the position on the Obama camp.

This will be the new poll for the week.

Do you think the Mayor Ness should have taken the Job with the Obama campaign? That poll coming soon.

2 comments:

Chris Correia said...

Well, it's a bit odd, or at least lends itself to a sense of caution, for a brand new office holder to jump into such a role. However, I'm not going to be an alarmist. It could work out; it depends how he handles it. Let's allow the mayor to prove the alarmists correct or incorrect.

Unknown said...

Chris:

Thanks for stopping by again. Don't be a stanger.

I agree with you. I think we need to let him settle in and see how things go. I think he may have been better off not taking after all being Mayor is new to him. Time will tell.

Any one else with thoughts?