News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, December 12, 2005

Councilors react to email from a friend of mine.

An email send out by a friend of mine about mayor Bergson's DUI and the councilors responces.



thanks for the note. I began working in EMS in 1972 for WilcolAmbulance and today work for Mayo Medical Transportation (Gold Cross.) Many of those years I was a street paramedic. I have seen much and haveno tolerance for drinking and driving above the legal limit. I am theSafety Manager for MMT at fifteen sites across WI and MN. Years ago we(MMT)implemented a policy that our employees could have no blood alcohollevel while on duty. One strike and you're out. I have very strongopinions on DUI's. Thanks, Jim.


I'm not sure which comment you're referring to, so I'll assume it wasthe statement in the DNT regarding forgiveness. Please keep in mindthat I agree that the Mayor's indiscretion was an embarassment to thecity and showed phenomenal bad judgement. I believe he should bepunished in accordance with law, and should take whatever personal stepsare necessary to see that it never happens again.However, I stand by my statement. We all do make mistakes, and I hopethat if I ever do something foolish, I hope that I will be forgiven if Ishow genuine regret as the mayor has.And for the record, I would respond the same for any of my colleagues onthe council.Sincerely,Russ Stewart

No comments: