News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Councilors react to Mayors DUI.

These reaction were in the Duluth paper Sunday. One is from councilor Stewart. I hope he would say the same thing about some one not on his side. I sure he would not, he would use it as a political issue. The other reaction is by councilor Stauber again I also hope he would say the same thing about some one on the right.

I agree with councilor Stauber's comments, over councilor Stewarts.



Duluth City Councilor Russ Stewart said he didn't know details of the accident but was glad Bergson appeared to be all right.
``We all make mistakes,'' Stewart said. ``This is a season of forgiveness and I hope people keep that in mind.''



Duluth City Councilor Jim Stauber said Bergson should have known better.
``I'm very disappointed to learn this occurred. He's supposed to be setting an example to Duluthians,'' Stauber said. ``As a former police officer, Herb has seen himself the damage and devastation drunk driving can do. Yet he still chose to drink and drive.
``Hopefully, if he learns from this and becomes an advocate for zero tolerance, it will come out OK.''

No comments: