News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

We are just fine thanks Hudelson.

Former school board members rant in today's paper. Thanks for your thoughts, but we are just fine. I hate these wack jobs, and we live in an area filled with them.


For a better 2006
What sad times in which we live.
We have a president who apparently thinks he is above the law. I refer to torture, detention, and secret surveillance ("Rice's rendition of terrorism policy is less than revealing," Dec. 6).
We have a governor who plays with words -- fees versus taxes on cigarettes -- and jeopardizes education funding, (" 'Tax' or 'fee' doesn't matter when it all goes up in smoke," Dec. 22) and who orders only half a study to support his predetermined position ("Pawlenty's immigration stance stirs debate," Dec. 16). Do immigrants really drain the state's economic resources? We will never know, because the governor refused to research how much said residents contribute. This latter posturing against immigrants suggests a racist attitude, given which groups make up the immigrants to Minnesota.
We have a Republican Party that claims St. Cloud residents are being deprived of their right to choose among candidates, when in fact the Republican who filed for office doesn't even live in the area ("Eks (mom and daughter) won't mark spot on ballot," Dec. 21). Deadlines and laws are put in place for good reason, but given the example from up high, is it any wonder some would think the rules don't apply to them?
And closer to home, does anyone else wonder why the School Board has appointed, among the three student reps to the board, two students who apparently are relatives of sitting members? But then, should we be surprised, given the past votes that reflect personal privilege rather than the good of all students?
Let's hope 2006 is a better year.
EILEEN ZEITZ HUDELSON DULUTH

6 comments:

in.dog.neato said...

ain't no time to hate, buddy...

wouldn't you agree that there's way too much of it in the world these days? The Chinese believe that being hateful makes one's appearance and soul turn ugly.

the people you'd call wack jobs are people not unlike yourself who're expressing themselves, as is their right.

You may not agree with them in any way, but it's still their right to be able to convey thier opinions...

Unknown said...

Yes they do. I also have the right to say what I think of them.

in.dog.neato said...

but to hate?

you missed my point entirely...disagree yes, but hate?

Let me ask you this...if I were in some sort of peril...say my house were burning down or I had been shot or something to that effect..or suppose I were simply stranded someplace and you came along...being the good samaritan would you, before you rendered me assistance, inquire my political leanings before helping me out, or not depending on your feelings toward people of my persuasion?

To allow me to suffer needlessly or perish is not only unconscionable but an out and out sin, last I heard.

that sir, is hate.

Unknown said...

Calling some one a wack job is not hate.

I will never agree with her on any political issue. Many of her stands I consinder way out there. There for in the sence of politics she is a "wack job".

in.dog.neato said...

again..my point is missed...

you hate...you posted that you feel hate towards a group of people...

you're free to refer to someone as a wack job...as this is how i refer to you...

my point is...or was trying to be...hate...whether or not you were speaking rhetorically or not is sometihng we simply cannot tolerate in this community, regardless of who you are or what your particular political/ethical bent is...

Unknown said...

Okay here is the deal. I am sick of civility. It only counts for one side and that is the left in this town. When the left makes an attack it is ok but if some one on the right does it is a big deal. GEt over it and life with it. I have you live with the left attacking all the time.