News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, December 08, 2005

More money for the fish tank

When is it going to stop. I know there are many people that supports the GLA, I am not. When are we going to start making these tourist places be accountable for there own problems? The mayor yesterday (after his appearance of the Franken show) asked the council to approve 270,000 more dollars for the fish tank. He also said that it may not be a finale number as we have no idea what type of year we will have next tourist season.

I tell you what I was in there once for a wedding and what a dumb of a place it was. The most exciting things for me to see were the Eagle and oh wait the Eagle. We need to stop saving this place. I understand that there is not much we can do because the state money tied up in it. That is a problem the council and all elected officials got us into and need to be held accountable for as well.

"I can't commit to a permanent amount, because we don't know if we're going to have a good tourist season or a bad tourist season," Bergson said.
The City Council will vote whether to grant the subsidy on Dec. 19, the council's last meeting of the year, Bergson said.
Aquarium board members adopted a budget in November that projects the institution will lose more than $362,000 in 2006. Bergson said his decision hinged on the aquarium's success at boosting attendance and fundraising in 2005.


Read the story in today paper http://duluthnews.com

2 comments:

in.dog.neato said...

Did you like Doty? the fishtank was his idea...as was the soft center...

Unknown said...

No I did not like Doty, and yes I know the fish tank was his idea but this mayor continues to support it.

As far that soft center I know they have had ups and downs but I have always thought it was a good idea. Now I know it is going in a different way but it was worth a shot.